From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: autotools-multilib-minimal
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:16:03
1 El mié, 27-02-2013 a las 15:01 +0200, Samuli Suominen escribió:
2 > On 24/02/13 16:17, hasufell wrote:
4 > > Hash: SHA1
5 > >
6 > > On 02/24/2013 11:11 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
7 > >> On 24/02/2013 11:06, Michał Górny wrote:
8 > >>> Then don't put 'autotools' in the name.
9 > >>
10 > >> +1
11 > >>
12 > >
13 > > That would be multilib-minimal.eclass then?
14 >
15 > Sounds good to me.
16 >
17 > > ABCD also suggested something else:
18 > > autotools-multilib.eclass -> autotools-utils-multilib.eclass
19 >
20 > This makes sense too, autotools-multilib.eclass is misleading as it
21 > embeds the "unrelated" autotools-utils.eclass
22 >
23 > So it seems currently that some are against this eclass, some are
24 > against the whole idea and favour multilib-portage, some are against
25 > using autotools-utils.eclass for this, ...
26 > Some people are already committing the eclass version changes/fixes to
27 > tree, some are filing bug reports about bugs caused by it, ...
28 >
29 > It would be nice if people agreed but I guess that is not happening, so
30 > i'll be pushing this eclass to tree under name 'multilib-minimal.eclass'
31 > if I don't hear compelling arguments for not doing so, or in case you
32 > push it before me
33 >
34 > - Samuli
38 Probably the way to reach higher consensus would be to have an eclass
39 for supporting out of sources building and make other eclasses rely on
40 that code, that way people can use autotools-utils or use new eclass
41 "manually" as they prefer :/
42
43 Anyway I don't think autotools-utils includes so much changes :|