From: "Sebastian Dröge" <sebastian.droege@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LUFS - obsoleted, pending removal
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:39:10
1 On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:41:33 +0000
2 Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Sebastian Dröge wrote:
5 > > But a generic userspace filesystem is the cleaner solution for
6 > > something which needs a userspace application to work... why
7 > > should one develop the same parts over and over again when there's
8 > > a generic solution for such things? smbfs/cifs could also be
9 > > implemented this way much cleaner
10 >
11 > Are you just arguing a point, or does lufs actually work for you? I
12 > once tried a few of the lufs "modules" and all were extremely
13 > unreliable.
14 >
15 > Daniel
16
17 I'm just arguing from the design point of view...
18
19 (but i've used fuse with siefs in the past to access the filesystem on
20 my cellphone and it worked...)
23 Homepage: http://slomosnail.de
24 PGP/GPG Public Key: 0x5BE41F21 at http://slomosnail.de/files/gpg.asc