From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect-compiler updates and unmasking
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:33:55
1 Why are you hijacking tools not written by you, declaring
2 them as 2.0 and breaking the expected behaviors of them?
3
4 Please don't do that ever again.
7 On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 21:24 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
8 > I finally had a few free cycles, so I fixed up the eselect-compiler
9 > ebuild to better handle the transition from gcc-config and updated
10 > toolchain.eclass to better work with multilib. I've had a bunch of
11 > help from the amd64 devs/testers/users this past week testing it out,
12 > and I think it's ready to be removed from package.mask sometime soon
13 > (next week). Before that happens, I'd like to get some feedback from
14 > a broader test base, so if you have some time and aren't using
15 > eselect-compiler yet, I'd appreciate your testing. All you need to
16 > do is add the following to /etc/portage/package.unmask:
17 >
18 > app-admin/eselect-conmpiler
19 > sys-devel/gcc-config
20 >
21 > then just update gcc-config:
22 > $ emerge -uv --oneshot sys-devel/gcc-config
23 >
24 > gcc-config is just a wrapper which takes the same syntax as the older
25 > gcc-configs and makes the appropriate call to eselect-compiler.
26 >
27 > Please report any bugs you find in bugzilla and assign them directly
28 > to me (eradicator@g.o).
29 >
30 > Also, if you've been using eselect-compiler, you may have an issue
31 > where your profiles don't get removed from /etc/eselect/compiler when
32 > you unmerge gcc. This problem is fixed now for future installs, but
33 > you'll have to manually remove the file when you unmerge any gcc that
34 > is on your system now.
35 >
36 > Thanks,
37 > Jeremy