From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Bugzilla arch list reordering
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:28:19
1 >>>>> On Tue, 23 Jan 2018, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > I've updated the example to include the variant suggested by
4 > Dirkjan. All arches are order according to the popularity (based on
5 > the results from his mail), except Prefix which I left at the bottom
6 > as a special case.
7
8 Whether you will have three or four major groups, please keep the
9 arches within each group in the same order as used by ekeyword and
10 ebuild-mode (i.e. OS as primary sort key, then arch).
11
12 IMHO sorting by popularity would be bad, because popularity tends to
13 change with time. Also, that wouldn't correspond to the order used by
14 ekeyword.
15
16 > Since neither of the proposals has received any specific reply, I'm
17 > not sure how to proceed from here. I suppose we can possibly have
18 > two lists in different order so that people could use whichever they
19 > prefer.
20
21 I believe that having two lists would only add confusion.
22
23 All in all, strong preference for the "mgorny suggested change" here.
24
25 Ulrich