From: expose@×××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [news-item] Paludis 0.24
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 17:46:12
1 Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 06:21:47PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > So the only important question is whether the news items are useful for
4 > > the people who will see them. In this case we know the answer is yes.
5 >
6 > No one answered my question asked in Message-ID:
7 > <20070505090630.GA14287@×××××××××.rechner> what paludis actually does
8 > in case it encounters a config file using the old syntax so far, but
9 > as long it doesn't break the system, it doesn't need a news item.
10 > GLEP 42 talks about critical, really important news, not just useful
11 > ones.
12 >
13 > Imho the whole GLEP process is being abused to define some scenario to
14 > get the support for news, and then push it through for stuff way
15 > outside the boundaries defined in the GLEP.
16 >
17 > cheers,
18 > Wernfried
19