From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [news-item] Paludis 0.24
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 17:37:19
1 On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 06:21:47PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > So the only important question is whether the news items are useful for
3 > the people who will see them. In this case we know the answer is yes.
4
5 No one answered my question asked in Message-ID:
6 <20070505090630.GA14287@×××××××××.rechner> what paludis actually does
7 in case it encounters a config file using the old syntax so far, but
8 as long it doesn't break the system, it doesn't need a news item.
9 GLEP 42 talks about critical, really important news, not just useful
10 ones.
11
12 Imho the whole GLEP process is being abused to define some scenario to
13 get the support for news, and then push it through for stuff way
14 outside the boundaries defined in the GLEP.
15
16 cheers,
17 Wernfried
20 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
21 http://forums.gentoo.org || http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/proctors/
22 forum-mods (at) gentoo.org || proctors (at) gentoo.org
23 #gentoo-forums || #gentoo-proctors (freenode)