From: Chris Bainbridge <chrb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dynamic SLOTs
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 11:07:37
1 On Saturday 07 August 2004 00:57, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > Even with all that, a full dependency tree is built with all circular
3 > dependencies resolved in about 6 seconds, where currently emerge takes
4 > about 2 seconds. I can't see a way to get USE-based SLOTs in without at
5 > least doubling that figure (which is incidentally the time that 2.0.50
6 > took). I'm open to suggestions on how to get around it.
7
8 Maybe I'm not understanding this fully, but couldn't you just compute the
9 dependency tree once and then cache it? And allow quick updates to the cached
10 info by only editing dependency links for a single ebuild when it changes.
11 You'd need to cache the dependencies for different sets of use flags as well.
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list