From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for May
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 11:56:24
1 On Friday 04 May 2007, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > I also don't agree with having an exception for the games herd. As
3 > others have questioned, how are games more important than security
4 > bumps? If we were considering exceptions, I would argue that allowing
5 > the security team to mark packages as stable would make a lot more
6 > sense, imho.
7
8 A quick 2c here from the peanut gallery:
9
10 Just leave the affected games always keyworded ~arch. The users of games
11 are generally pretty savvy and they know how portage works. You might
12 even find the majority of games players run ~arch boxes anyway so they
13 will never notice that the game ebuild is not in stable
14
15 alan
19 Optimists say the glass is half full,
20 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
21 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
22
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
25 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list