From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:03:29
1 Brian Dolbec schrieb:
2 > Thank you for bringing this information to the forefront of this debate.
3 >
4 > So, is it not better for us Gentoo-er's that wish to not install
5 > systemd, to set the default non-systemd udev to eudev.
6
7 Note that I am not advocating for or against this move. I was just pointing
8 out what I consider bad arguments.
9
10 This includes labeling valid concerns as "pure FUD", and calling a move
11 "definitely premature" when it was only circumstances beyond udev upstream's
12 control which prevented it from becoming a necessity.
13
14 I do feel that the eudev critics are correct in pointing out that both the
15 real-world exposure of eudev so far and the size of its development team are
16 too small. Whether it is a good idea to attempt to increase them by making
17 eudev the Gentoo default I don't think I am qualified to answer.
20 Best regards,
21 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn