From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package naming
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:06:42
1 On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 18:29 +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > On Monday 20 March 2006 17:59, Luca Barbato wrote:
3 > > why not having it implemented as eselect module? ^^;
4 >
5 > I am not familiar with eselect.
6 > Also, I fail to see the benefit of using the eselect framework
7 > when /sbin/functions.sh provides what I need as a base.
8 >
9 > Of course, feel free to talk me around.
10
11 I made a fork of hwdata for Gentoo's needs on the LiveCD and it is
12 hwdata-gentoo (to match hwdata-knoppix and hwdata-morphix for their
13 respective distributions). I think it makes more sense to keep the
14 original package name first as it shows that it is a fork of that
15 package.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
20 x86 Architecture Team