From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add bc back to the stage3
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 13:09:48
1 On 2014-09-17 14:20, vivo75@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Il 17/09/2014 14:09, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto ha scritto:
3 > > On Wed, 17 Sep 2014, Luca Barbato wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> The bc utility is part of the posix tools and it might be used to build
6 > >> linux among the other stuff.
7 > >
8 > > Luca,
9 > >
10 > > bc is not in the system set and is a dependency of the kernel or any
11 > > other package that needs it, so why do we need to include a package
12 > > that takes ~20 seconds to build?
13 >
14 > Most people don't use the ebuild for the kernel
15
16 That's a rather outrageous and difficult to substantiate claim. Given
17 what I've seen in the forums and on IRC, it would appear the reverse
18 is true; most people use the ebuild for the kernel.
19
20 I wouldn't consider people who deviate from the supported methods as
21 our concern. If you're smart enough to do that and want to make your
22 own path, you're smart enough to emerge bc.
25 Mr. Aaron W. Swenson
26 Gentoo Linux Developer
27 PostgreSQL Herd Bull
28 Email : titanofold@g.o
29 GnuPG FP : 2C00 7719 4F85 FB07 A49C 0E31 5713 AA03 D1BB FDA0
30 GnuPG ID : D1BBFDA0