From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Half of the firmware packages in tree install to wrong directory
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 09:06:15
1 >>>>> On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, TomᨠChvátal wrote:
2
3 > 2013/2/8 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>:
4 >> I would say that we might want to review linux-firmware, and if the
5 >> newest firmware _is_ there, just get rid of the split one.
6 >>
7 > That should be probably the best approach, to actually kill of the
8 > lone ones and keep the linux-firmware only.
9
10 I disagree. Why should we force users to install lots of crap (some of
11 it being non-free) that they will never need because they don't have
12 the hardware?
13
14 Ulrich