From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-text/cuneiform
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 21:33:27
1 On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM, James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 >>>>>> "MC" == Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 > MC> Please do not reply to gentoo-dev-announce.
5 >
6 > I didn't. I explicitly replied to the message in gentoo-dev. If doing
7 > that resulted in a cc to announce that means there was no reply-to
8 > header in the message posted to dev. Had there been a reply-to header
9 > gnus would have asked me whether to accept it.
10 >
11 > MC> The package is going away unless someone fixes the bugs and properly
12 > MC> maintains the package
13 >
14 > Again, that is an irresponsible mistake. It is better to just leave it
15 > as is than to kick it. Dropping important packages can only harm the
16 > community and is never welcome.
17
18 Nothing stops you from becoming a dev and maintaining it...
19
20 -A
23 > -JimC
24 > --