From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-text/cuneiform
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:17:05
1 >>>>> "MC" == Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> writes:
2
3 MC> Please do not reply to gentoo-dev-announce.
4
5 I didn't. I explicitly replied to the message in gentoo-dev. If doing
6 that resulted in a cc to announce that means there was no reply-to
7 header in the message posted to dev. Had there been a reply-to header
8 gnus would have asked me whether to accept it.
9
10 MC> The package is going away unless someone fixes the bugs and properly
11 MC> maintains the package
12
13 Again, that is an irresponsible mistake. It is better to just leave it
14 as is than to kick it. Dropping important packages can only harm the
15 community and is never welcome.
16
17 -JimC
18 --