From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] questions about small fixes/cleanups
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:04:32
1 On 09/14/2016 09:50 AM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 >
3 > that might be better, but how do you map date / $PV to commit ?
6 Well, for that last one, I just looked down the list of commits and
7 found the last one that happened before the date of the snapshot.
8
9 But, if you're creating a new snapshot, it's easy. What day is it?
10 That's the date of the snapshot, and you want the newest commit.
13 > remember, we want ebuilds that are as much as possible
14 > version-agnostic, otherwise it breaks simple copy of ebuilds to bump a
15 > version...
18 With the COMMIT=... approach, all you have to do is copy the ebuild to a
19 new one with today's date, and update the COMMIT variable to the latest
20 commit listed on github.
21
22 There is the possibility that more than one commit can happen on the
23 same day, but that's a problem with snapshots in general, and not the
24 method of generating them.