From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] questions about small fixes/cleanups
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:42:14
1 On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 10:04:20 -0400
2 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 09/14/2016 09:50 AM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
5 > >
6 > > that might be better, but how do you map date / $PV to commit ?
9 > Well, for that last one, I just looked down the list of commits and
10 > found the last one that happened before the date of the snapshot.
11 >
12 > But, if you're creating a new snapshot, it's easy. What day is it?
13 > That's the date of the snapshot, and you want the newest commit.
14
15 Seems I missed some questions in the original reply:
16 - What day is it ?
17 - How to write that so that it is PMS-compliant and properly ordered
18 and following ebuild's conventions ?
19
20 Nothing is hard, it's just a complete waste of time to redo that
21 every time.
24 > > remember, we want ebuilds that are as much as possible
25 > > version-agnostic, otherwise it breaks simple copy of ebuilds to
26 > > bump a version...
29 > With the COMMIT=... approach, all you have to do is copy the ebuild
30 > to a new one with today's date, and update the COMMIT variable to the
31 > latest commit listed on github.
32
33 So, to sum it up, I have to:
34 - Open a browser, go to github (*)
35 - Find out latest commit hash, copy it
36 - (*) Copy the ebuild, setting a 8 digit version representing the date
37 - Open an editor
38 - Edit COMMIT='...' variable by pasting what was found on github. (*)
41 Thanks, but I prefer by far:
42 - Run a script
43 - Copy ebuild, setting version printed by the script.
46 (*) represents everytime i have to switch my hands between keyboard and
47 mouse