From: Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cleaning up the installation handbook (Legacy boot / MBR / ...)
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 22:11:33
1 сб, 2 мая 2020 г. в 23:51, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2
3 > My system is not to old and would need legacy as a option as well. I actually picked one that didn't do EFI and such. I'd be fine with a link to another page tho. It may make it easier for everyone else while those of us with legacy can still get to the info.
4 >
5 > Users point of view.
6
7 +1
8
9 All my Gentoo systems, except one laptop, have been installed in
10 legacy mode as well: Ryzen, Xeon, and others.
11
12 I'm voting for keeping the chapter about legacy boot in the handbook
13 or in the wiki.
16 Regards,
17 Alex