From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cleaning up the installation handbook (Legacy boot / MBR / ...)
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 20:51:25
1 Georg Rudoy wrote:
2 > On 02.05.2020 at 20:30 user Andreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I'm hereby volunteering to clean things up. But - I'll go the brutal way:
4 >>
5 >> * Legacy boot and MBR will get kicked out. *
6 >>
7 >> This is your chance to protest or support.
8 > I just installed Gentoo last month on an AMD64 machine that was booted in legacy mode
9 > and I had no control over that as far as I can tell.
10 > That was a very recent, freshly ordered Ryzen 3700 Hetzner server.
11 >
12 > Dunno if such anecdotical evidence proves anything though.
17 My system is not to old and would need legacy as a option as well.  I
18 actually picked one that didn't do EFI and such.  I'd be fine with a
19 link to another page tho.  It may make it easier for everyone else while
20 those of us with legacy can still get to the info.
21
22 Users point of view.
23
24 Dale