From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: rindeal <dev.rindeal@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, overlays@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Repo mirror & CI project news: 'stable' gentoo branch, new repo stats, faster CI
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 17:02:50
1 On 6 June 2016 at 04:49, rindeal <dev.rindeal@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'd like to see the master branch free of commits which do not pass
3 > CI, instead of having broken commits and holding master back until
4 > revert commits are introduced.
7 Just pretend "stable" is called "master" and pretend "master" is called "devel"
8
9 -> Wishes granted.
10
11 Anything else requires a dedicated merge gate-keeper of some description.
12
13 Which... we kinda have ... the gatekeeper is the QA tests, and it
14 merges the submission line into master when it passes QA.
17 Kent
18
19 KENTNL - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL