From: Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] x11-libs/lib*: wrong RDEPENDs bug
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 22:53:32
1 Interesting, eventually somebody gave me a detailed and technical
2 explanation without [bla bla snip]. Thanks Rémi.
3 Yes, I agree with you that the best (and the one I would go for, too)
4 solution is adding support to a new *DEPEND, perhaps one that could
5 "host" build-deps only. It looks weird that other PMs out there do
6 that since 1994 (replace 1994 with older value).
7 Perhaps adding a big fat # XXX somewhere in ebuilds would have helped
8 us all in saving some time today.
9 So, at least for now, I suspect I have to give up and close my shiny
10 27 bugs. Right?
13 Fabio Erculiani
14 http://www.sabayon.org
15 http://www.gentoo.org