From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: bug wrangler queue is large...
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 20:43:19
1 On Wed, 26 May 2010 09:27:08 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I've often wished there was a way to flag a bug as "I'm not thru
5 > messing with it yet, don't mail anyone yet." That's especially true
6 > when I know I'm going to be attaching 2-3 addition files, emerge
7 > --info, build log, maybe sth else like a config file or even a patch,
8 > where I know the wranglers are going to get all those extra mails.
9
10 "If the reporter hasn't fulfilled these requirements, the bug should
11 be marked ASSIGNED to bug-wranglers, and a full build log should be
12 requested from the reporter."[1]
13
14 I've taken to alternatively closing bugs as NEEDINFO lately, e.g. when
15 there is a grave lack of (legible) information, or when output printed
16 by the bug reporter suggests attaching specific files and this isn't
17 done in a timely manner, simply to encourage _reading_ the output
18 instead of simply copy/pasting it.
19
20 > Or, if there was a way to attach files as part of the initial filing,
21 > but if there is, I've not found it.
22
23 You usually get a couple of minutes to hours before any wrangling
24 happens.
27 Regards,
28 jer
31 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/bug-wranglers/index.xml