From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: new herd: theology
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:10:07
1 Steve Dibb wrote:
2 > Dominique Michel wrote:
3 >
4 >> I fully agree, theology is the worst possible name if the herd will
5 >> include
6 >> both religious and scientific softwares.
7 >
8 > No worries, app-misc/gramps was dropped from the theology herd, and is
9 > herdless once again.
10
11 It's interesting that people are up in arms once again (like they didn't
12 read the old thread) about putting a package into a herd -- read the
13 category name; it's not sci-anything, it's app-misc. Just about any herd
14 would do. Usually the developers don't like packages that are herdless
15 for all the usual maintenance reasons. I mean, at least it's got a
16 maintainer (beandog in this case). But it's gotten no love from any of
17 the sci-* herds; it doesn't seem to be wanted. So what's the big problem
18 of sticking it into a herd somewhere, a herd that seems to be maintained
19 by just one person (beandog in this case)?