From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: new herd: theology
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:58:42
1 Le Fri, 27 Apr 2007 20:07:26 -0700,
2 Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> a écrit :
3
4 > Steve Dibb wrote:
5 > > Dominique Michel wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> I fully agree, theology is the worst possible name if the herd will
8 > >> include
9 > >> both religious and scientific softwares.
10 > >
11 > > No worries, app-misc/gramps was dropped from the theology herd, and is
12 > > herdless once again.
13 >
14 > So what's the big problem
15 > of sticking it into a herd somewhere, a herd that seems to be maintained
16 > by just one person (beandog in this case)?
20 The fact at the herd is maintained by one or more peoples have nothing to do
21 with this. It is about the meaning of the words and consistency. If I put
22 gramps into theology, I can put gnome into kde, mplayer into media-sound and
23 grabcartoons into theology.
24
25 Otherwise, sci-misc will be a better place for gramps (that seam to be as least
26 as good as some equivalent commercial softwares) as app-misc.
27
28 Dominique
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list