From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:24:31
1 So, I'm curious -- did anyone ever come to a decision what to do on the
2 matter? The list traffic seems to be dying down. Maybe I just missed
3 the final decision email.
4
5 Not that it really matters, but here's my 2 cents:
6
7 If its a pita to maintain, hard mask everything and just say "sorry, no
8 bugs fixie unless you want to maintain it. See
9 http://dev.g.o/~foo/xmms.html for reasons" At least that way it will
10 still be in the tree for those that want to use it.
11
12 The second thing is, why does it even matter if its out of the tree or
13 not? Those who are currently using it will still have it installed on
14 their system, anyway. I'm still using audacious 0.2.3 even though it's
15 been taken out, and I won't upgrade until my favorite plugin is ported.
16 I'm fine with that.
17
18 Anyway, whatever. Do what works best. :)
19
20 Steve
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list