From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: who renamed adsl-start to pppoe-start and why
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 03:36:11
1 On Saturday 01 April 2006 02:56, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 060331 Jakub Moc wrote:
3 > > Sven Köhler wrote:
4 > >> I don't when the init.d-script disappeared from the ebuilds:
5 > >> i still used it and didn't know about the baselayout-support for pppoe.
6 > >
7 > > May I suggest reading the fine handbook?
8 > > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=3#doc_
9 > >chap4
10 >
11 > Yes, it's beautiful,
12 > but it doesn't tell you in which file to enter the lines :
15 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=1#doc_chap1
16
17 Same bat handbook, but bat chapter 1
18
19 This sample paragraph stands out
20
21 "Gentoo's RC system now knows about that interface. It also needs to know how
22 to configure the new interface. All the network interfaces are configured
23 in /etc/conf.d/net"
24
25 So yes it does.
26
27 Also, /etc/conf.d/net.example is a dead giveaway for maybe /etc/conf.d/net?
28
29 Nah, too obvious.
30
31 Thanks