From: Ryan Hill <rhill@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: enabling ipc-sandbox & network-sandbox by default
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 23:32:18
1 On Mon, 12 May 2014 11:39:10 +0200
2 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 12 May 2014 00:47:17 -0600
5 > Ryan Hill <rhill@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > > 1. cgroup -- puts all processes spawned by ebuild to cgroup, and
8 > > > kills all of them once phase exits (prevents leaving orphans),
9 > > >
10 > > > 2. ipc-sandbox -- puts all processes spawned by ebuild to a separate
11 > > > IPC namespace, preventing them from interfacing other system
12 > > > services via IPC (message queues, semaphores, shared memory),
13 > > >
14 > > > 3. network-sandbox -- puts all processes spawned by ebuild to
15 > > > a separate network namespace with a private loopback interface,
16 > > > preventing them from interfacing other system services, local
17 > > > network and the Internet.
18 > >
19 > > All three of these require kernel support. It might be a good idea
20 > > to add the needed options to that Gentoo Linux menu we have in
21 > > gentoo-sources and enable them by default.
22 >
23 > Right, this skipped my mind when I enabled them yesterday; this should
24 > be documented, as well as have Portage check for missing support and
25 > test it and bail out with a proper error message if it doesn't already.
26 >
27 > Which options are these in particular? I'll cook a patch with them.
28
29 I believe they are CONFIG_IPC_NS, CONFIG_NET_NS, and CONFIG_CGROUPS.
33 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
34 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
35
36 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463