From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: rhill@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: enabling ipc-sandbox & network-sandbox by default
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 09:39:31
1 On Mon, 12 May 2014 00:47:17 -0600
2 Ryan Hill <rhill@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > 1. cgroup -- puts all processes spawned by ebuild to cgroup, and
5 > > kills all of them once phase exits (prevents leaving orphans),
6 > >
7 > > 2. ipc-sandbox -- puts all processes spawned by ebuild to a separate
8 > > IPC namespace, preventing them from interfacing other system
9 > > services via IPC (message queues, semaphores, shared memory),
10 > >
11 > > 3. network-sandbox -- puts all processes spawned by ebuild to
12 > > a separate network namespace with a private loopback interface,
13 > > preventing them from interfacing other system services, local
14 > > network and the Internet.
15 >
16 > All three of these require kernel support. It might be a good idea
17 > to add the needed options to that Gentoo Linux menu we have in
18 > gentoo-sources and enable them by default.
19
20 Right, this skipped my mind when I enabled them yesterday; this should
21 be documented, as well as have Portage check for missing support and
22 test it and bail out with a proper error message if it doesn't already.
23
24 Which options are these in particular? I'll cook a patch with them.
27 With kind regards,
28
29 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
30 Gentoo Developer
31
32 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
33 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
34 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D