From: Erik Mackdanz <erikmack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, bircoph@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please subscribe to travis-ci mail alias to get notifications on depgraph breakages
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:54:30
1 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> writes:
2
3 > The only thing locked to their platform really is the web ui or their
4 > api. Even pull requests really aren't, because git has the
5 > "git request-pull" command.
6
7 Not true. Github pull requests are for pulling from other Github
8 repos/branches only, and they store unique metadata (e.g. comments,
9 issues) outside of the repo. It is truly a lock-in feature.
10
11 "git request-pull" simply formats an email template to tell someone how
12 they may pull from you, but Github makes no attempt to process such a
13 message or turn it into a Github pull request.
14
15 Any Github presence of the tree will result in Github issues being
16 submitted and Github pull requests coming across. We'd have to be
17 prepared to chain that into our existing processes or have someone
18 dedicated to closing every issue/pull request with "Use bugzie".
21 Erik Mackdanz