From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Notify people about empty herds (Was: Re: [gentoo-dev] FTR: media-optical@g.o has no developers)
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:33:11
1 And maybe it would be a wise move to merge/remove some herds because ,as I
2 see, the number of herds is equal ( or even higher ) to the number of
3 developers.
4
5 2010/6/3 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
6
7 > El jue, 03-06-2010 a las 13:36 +0300, Samuli Suominen escribió:
8 > > For the record, media-optical herd is currently without any devs and
9 > > also the mail alias in d.g.o is empty so nobody is really reading the
10 > > bugmail.
11 > >
12 > > In case you want to join it...
13 > >
14 > > - Samuli
15 >
16 > Would be possible to modify script that generates
17 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/metastructure/herds/herds.xml to list
18 > empty herds on a different section at the top of the webpage for
19 > detecting herds without people easier?
20 >
21 > Even better would be to also provide information about "devway"
22 > developers, indicating something like, for example:
23 > 41. gnome
24 > - Description
25 > GNOME Desktop and related packages
26 > - Herd maintainers' email address
27 > gnome@g.o
28 > - Maintainers
29 > ...
30 > pacho@g.o (Pacho Ramos) (Devway)
31 >
32 > But I am not sure if it would be possible :-/
33 >
34 > Also, maybe we should consider change the assignment for bugs assigned
35 > to empty herds, assigning them to maintainers-needed and CCing affected
36 > herd, that way, once somebody revives the herd, he could simply revert
37 > the assign to the old way and, until then, people reviewing
38 > maintainers-needed bugs would also notice that bug reports.
39 >
40 > Thanks a lot