From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: kumba@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:33:07
1 On 30 Apr 2004, at 08:16, Kumba wrote:
2
3 > John Davis wrote:
4 >> Hi all -
5 >> To start preparing for 2004.2 in July, releng is opening up Feature
6 >> Requests that the community would like to see included in 2004.2. The
7 >> last day that we are accepting requests is Friday, May 7th at which
8 >> point releng will hold a meeting and decide which requests are
9 >> feasible
10 >> for both the alloted time and workload. Thank you for your time and
11 >> your
12 >> requests.
13 >> Cheers,
14 >> //zhen
17 > Just out of curiosity, how many releases are we looking at pulling off
18 > for this year? My guess is that at the current rate (1 release every
19 > ~2.3 months), it's looking like the possibility of a 2004.5 being
20 > capable by early december.
21
22 All fine for me, but note that 5 releases a year means a full-time job.
23 Building releases is not exactly thrilling.
24
25 Pieter
28 > --Kumba
29 >
30 > --
31 > "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
32 > small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
33 > elsewhere." --Elrond
34 >
35 > --
36 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list