From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Developer retirement
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:33:09
1 On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 05:45:54PM -0700, Drake Wyrm wrote:
2 > Harald van D??k <truedfx@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 10:17:00AM -0700, Drake Wyrm wrote:
4 > > > Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
5 > > > > Stephen Bennett napsal(a):
6 > > > > > Please, try to stay on the right mailing list. It's very
7 > > > > > annoying when you don't...
8 > > > >
9 > > > > No matter how hard I try, I always hit the _retarded_ behaviour of
10 > > > > the _one_ mailing just that just _has_ to be special for _no_
11 > > > > apparent reason at all.
12 > > >
13 > > > Can anybody explain how that one list is different from the others?
14 > > > Are the headers being munged differently for gentoo-core?
15 > >
16 > > This list sets Reply-to to direct replies to the list. gentoo-core
17 > > doesn't. People who just hit the Reply button in their mail clients
18 > > end up replying to the author, rather than to the list.
19 >
20 > Thank you, that does answer my question, but I'm still confused. I doubt
21 > that gentoo-dev sent the email to which jakub replied. How, then, did he
22 > manage to reply to gentoo-dev?
23
24 I imagine he hit the Reply button, and when adding the list address
25 manually, simply picked the wrong list by mistake.
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list