From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 23:17:38
1 > Gentoo is by design an install-and-upgrade-from-source distro; a network
2 > connection is required. Gentoo is still very much in start up mode - not
3 > even at version 1.0. I get good results using my cable connection, but I
4 > might not be as pleased if I had only a 56K dialup connection or, God
5 > forbid, no connection.
6
7 I have a 56k dialup, and it's not an "pay once, unlimited connection" either.
8 And I'm not complaining. Much. Anyway I've downloaded all gentoo package
9 sources about 2 1/2 times. How the time files by...
14 Dan Armak
15 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
16 Matan, Israel