From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-core@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] proposal: make gentoo-core publicly read-only
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:47:05
1 On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 02:21:35PM -0500, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
2 > I personally feel that it may be a good time to reconsider making
3 > gentoo-core a publicly read-only list. Several users I know (some
4 > personally) are irate that we appear to be a "behind-closed-doors"
5 > project. Yes, this stems from the recent fork announcement.
6 >
7 > gentoo-core is where we do our planning, discuss management structure,
8 > discuss technical questions (of which we already try to CC gentoo-dev
9 > out of courtesy) and architecture issues.
10 >
11 > I hope that we can open -core as a publicly read-only list to involve
12 > our community more. We owe this much to our user-base in my opinion.
13 > For these reasons, I have CC'd this to -dev.
14 >
15 > Matt
18 We've already gone over the reasons -core should remain private
19 (discussing security before it goes public and personal information). I
20 think that a better approach would be to enforce a policy of all
21 technical stuff and anything that isn't sensitive being discussed on
22 -dev rather than -core.
26 Jon Portnoy
27 avenj/irc.freenode.net
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list