From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] proposal: make gentoo-core publicly read-only
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:25:50
I personally feel that it may be a good time to reconsider making
gentoo-core a publicly read-only list.  Several users I know (some
personally) are irate that we appear to be a "behind-closed-doors"
project.  Yes, this stems from the recent fork announcement.

gentoo-core is where we do our planning, discuss management structure,
discuss technical questions (of which we already try to CC gentoo-dev
out of courtesy) and architecture issues.

I hope that we can open -core as a publicly read-only list to involve
our community more.  We owe this much to our user-base in my opinion.
For these reasons, I have CC'd this to -dev.

Matt

--
Matthew Kennedy
Gentoo Linux Developer