From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] proposal: make gentoo-core publicly read-only
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:25:50
1 I personally feel that it may be a good time to reconsider making
2 gentoo-core a publicly read-only list. Several users I know (some
3 personally) are irate that we appear to be a "behind-closed-doors"
4 project. Yes, this stems from the recent fork announcement.
5
6 gentoo-core is where we do our planning, discuss management structure,
7 discuss technical questions (of which we already try to CC gentoo-dev
8 out of courtesy) and architecture issues.
9
10 I hope that we can open -core as a publicly read-only list to involve
11 our community more. We owe this much to our user-base in my opinion.
12 For these reasons, I have CC'd this to -dev.
13
14 Matt
17 Matthew Kennedy
18 Gentoo Linux Developer