From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposed change to base.eclass: patch || die
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:04:31
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò posted
2 <200507291611.47342@××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.org>, excerpted below,
3 on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:11:46 +0200:
4
5 > On Friday 29 July 2005 16:05, Dan Armak wrote:
6 >> Anyway, the effective change would be to die if patching fails (and
7 >> support patchlevels != 0), so my orig question stands.
8 > epatch already takes care of failing, that's why I was thinking about that
9 > :)
10
11 More on the point... what about replacing the current base.eclass code
12 with appropriate calls to epatch? This would mean changes/fixes to epatch
13 would automatically propagate, while continuing to maintain compatibility
14 by keeping the base.eclass functionality around.
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
20 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list