From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: stuart@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Beta ebuild for game called 'Nevermind'
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 02:18:35
1 On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 22:00, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 06 August 2003 2:04 am, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > You know you could have submitted a bug for it... *cough*
4 >
5 > Yep. Where it'd sit in Bugzilla for a month or two, if it got picked up at
6 > all. Sometimes, the right way of doing something isn't the *best* way :(
7
8 Except for the game that you have an ebuild for on your page (neverball)
9 was already added to portage earlier today by Mr_Bones, so a bug would
10 have been resolved immediately, and both you and gerrynjr would be aware
11 of it being in portage already.
14 > Tbh, it should be gerrynjr asking for this to find its way into portage, but
15 > as grateful as he seemed to be for being able to play this game, I don't
16 > think he was confident enough to take it further (he's a doc person, not an
17 > ebuild hacker).
18 >
19 > > I'll take care of it.
20 >
21 > Thanks. I'll take a look when you're done; it'll be interesting to read how
22 > to make best use of the games eclass.
23
24 As I said, it's in portage. I haven't looked at it myself, but I'm sure
25 it meets our normal method of using games.eclass.
26
27 > Btw - who maintains the HLDS ebuilds? There's a shell exploit in HLDS <=
28 > 3.1.1.1d; I can provide details off the hlds_linux mailing list if no-one
29 > here's read about it yet.
30
31 Everything in app-games is maintained by the entire games group. We're
32 small enough that we don't step on each other's toes much. I don't see
33 any version of halflife-server lower than 3.1.1.1d in CVS, so that is a
34 non-issue. I actually checked this as soon as the security warning was
35 posted on bugtraq. Thanks for the heads up, though. It is greatly
36 appreciated.
39 Chris Gianelloni
40 Developer, Gentoo Linux