From: Jim Michael <jim.michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo and IBM Websphere Kits
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:25:14
1 I have two questions.
2
3 1. I would like to use IBM's Websphere, kits they offer at developerWorks. http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/offers/linux-speed-start/?tab=webservices/index
4
5 IBM recommends Red Hat or SuSE. I haven't installed Gentoo yet but am very interested to use Gentoo since I have a OpenBSD and Python background.
6
7 Does anyone know it I can run the IBM's Websphere kits on Gentoo rather than Red Hat or SuSe? Is there something inherently different in Red Hat or SuSe that I need to use one of those distros
10 2. Can you install Gentoo booting from a floppy rather than a CD. My machine won't boot from a CD. ( I read the install information but did not find an answer. Sorry if I overlooked it.)
13 Thanks for answering my questions.
14
15 Jim Michael