From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo Linux preinstalled
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:54:58
1 On 10/14/05, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Stefan Schweizer posted
3 > <e79639220510131433u5bf59b36r8be28c93ab576c01@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
4 > below, on Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:33:57 +0200:
5 > > [..]
6 > > Anyone knows of something like a "sysprep" script for linux that will
7 > > ask the costumer for user and passwort setup when he first switches
8 > > on the PC?
9 > > [...]
10 > This is what the catalyst application does -- allow one to make their own
11 > customized LiveCD installers*, just like Gentoo does with each periodic
12 > snapshot release. The ebuild is in portage, and there's a catalyst
13 > specific mailing list, should you have any questions.
14 [..]
15
16 Well, catalyst is not really good for that because I need something
17 that I can constantly upgrade without recompiling everything .. that
18 is a live system for me at the moment.
19 And LiveCD installers is nice, but what I need is a Sysprep-Installer
20 like when someone turns on his windows PC the first time, where you
21 can setuo hostname/user/password and maybe network.
22 Is anything like that available for Linux?
23
24 Regards,
25 Stefan
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list