From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pva@g.o, jer@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-analyzer/tcpreplay: ChangeLog tcpreplay-3.4.5_beta2.ebuild
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:18:03
1 On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 07:29:07PM +0200, Micha?? G??rny wrote:
2 > On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:12:38 +0400
3 > Peter Volkov <pva@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Please, hard mask beta versions.
6 >
7 > I personally don't see a reason why he needed to do that.
8 > If a particular package was a popular one and/or the beta version
9 > changed a lot which might imply a lot of users getting trouble due to
10 > it, then I would agree.
11
12 I don't know or use this package, but I agree. Just because something
13 is beta doesn't mean it should be automatically hard masked. That
14 decision should be left to the maintainer.
15
16 William