From: Richard Jackson <richardj@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] !!!Really worried about ebuild updates!
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 01:04:51
1 On Sunday 21 April 2002 10:32 pm, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Couldn't be silent in the light of such plead :).
3 >
4 > On Sunday 21 April 2002 16:51, al3x payne wrote:
5 > > To whom it may concern:
6 > >
7 > > I'm really concerned about the number of ebuilds that are rapidly
8 > > becoming out of date. I started using Gentoo, in part, because of the
9 >
10 > I bet you started with gentoo in the pre-1.0 era ;).
11 >
12 <snip buch of stuff>
13 >
14 > And, BTW the point made by Matthew Kennedy is an absolutely valid one! You
15 > will save developers time by providing them with patches where you can in
16 > addition to bug reports.
17 >
18 > George
19
20 I'm more than happy to help on updating older ebuilds. The problem I'm having
21 is I can't seem to find them in bugzilla. So could some one point me in the
22 right direction in a couple of things:
23 1) Some docs on using bugzilla from the users perspective not the implementors
24 perspective.
25 2) How it is setup for gentoo. What is related to what so I can find what I
26 want.
27
28 I've tried searching for reported bugs but all I have been able to find is
29 just a list of bug numbers and who it is assigned to but that does not really
30 indicate what is being worked on and what is not. The only way I can find a
31 description of a bug is to individulay read each bug. There has to be a
32 better way to do this.
33
34 Any ways once I figure bugzilla out I fully intend to start working on any
35 ebuild issues I find. Both enhancements new packages and update types.
36
37 Another question why doesn't bugzilla inform you when someone leaves a comment
38 about a bug you filed? I filed a bug and I looked at it yesterday and found
39 that someone had sugested a solution to the problem but I was not aware of it
40 until I looked. I thought bugzilla would have sent me a email indicating the
41 new comment so I don't have to go and check on it every day.
42
43 Richard