From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Netscape Packages
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:11:31
1 It will become default (by the way ebuilds are processed) if you put new
2 netscape-6 ebuild into the same directory (check net-www, there are quite a
3 few netscape-related dirs there).
4 However IMHO it would be unwise to block netscape-4 as many people still use
5 it (and some may be hesitant to go with netscape-6).
6 If there are no special reasons, [ebuilds for] different versions of package
7 can coexist within portage tree. The one having highest version and revision
8 number is chosen if user does not select version specifically. Sometimes
9 lower versions are installed, but this is the case when that lower version of
10 package is listed as dependency for something.
11
12 George