From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla package list editing
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 19:25:16
1 On Wed, 10 May 2017 15:08:40 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > One of the issues that keeps coming up is around just how
5 > decentralized we are, and that has pros and cons. We're pretty
6 > reluctant to actually enforce just about anything,
7
8 Facts would show otherwise. Enforcement depends on the person.
9
10 > or sometimes we're inconsistent (we let somebody post on the mailing
11 > lists, but not github, and so on).
12
13 Or one is punished for things others are not. Even if other's actions
14 are far worse than those of the person being punished.
15
16 It is very much a clique.... And becoming more so by the day....
19 William L. Thomson Jr.