From: Weeve <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] **HEADS UP** Apache2 + MySQL4 moving to stable status
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:54:31
1 On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:15:10 -0700
2 "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > This is appears to be mod_ssl for Apache1 or Apache2, so either the
5 > problem has less baring on Apache than the mod_ssl component.
6
7 As mod_ssl is now included by default in Apache2, I feel it is baring
8 enough as a lot of sparc users want this functionality when the emerge
9 Apache.
10
11 > If you want, we can keep Apache2 as ~sparc for the moment (I'd prefer
12 > not to as mod_ssl doesn't work in any case on your UltraSparc).
13 > My preferred choice would an ewarn for when you merge in Apache2 and
14 > have USE=ssl.
15
16 For now I'd like to keep it as ~sparc. I don't feel it's fair to our
17 users to knowingly mark ebuilds stable with broken functionality.
18
19 > I'd also like to suggest that you go to the mod_ssl / Apache2-SSL
20 > developers with the problem.
21
22 Done.
25 Weeve