From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council May Summary: Changes to ChangeLog handling
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 12:24:39
1 >>>>> On Mon, 30 May 2011, Peter Volkov wrote:
2
3 > So, I just realized that we have to update Changelogs for
4 > everything, whitespaces and comments included. Even after reading
5 > meeting logs I still wonder, why council have decided to vote policy
6 > change that was not supported even by minority of developers? The
7 > whole idea after human editable ChangeLogs was to avoid whitespace
8 > changes and changes in comments. In the current state it is possible
9 > to generate them on rsync servers and avoid this burden.
10
11 > I would like council to update policy to allow exclude whitespace
12 > changes and changes in comments.
13
14 I second this.
15
16 The council should also clarify how to treat the ChangeLog in case of
17 package removals. The devmanual requires that it is updated even in
18 this case, whereas the handbook says that all files should be removed.
19
20 Ulrich