From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council May Summary: Changes to ChangeLog handling
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 12:05:37
1 В Птн, 20/05/2011 в 13:19 +0300, Mart Raudsepp пишет:
2 > On T, 2011-05-17 at 13:32 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20110510-summary.txt
4 > >
5 > > Please note that you must now update ChangeLog with each commit. For
6 > > more information please see the meeting log and the preceding mailing
7 > > list thread:
8 > >
9 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20110510.txt
10 > > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_eaefa325b31360324d0fe53d0b9071e6.xml
11
12 So, I just realized that we have to update Changelogs for everything,
13 whitespaces and comments included. Even after reading meeting logs I
14 still wonder, why council have decided to vote policy change that was
15 not supported even by minority of developers? The whole idea after human
16 editable ChangeLogs was to avoid whitespace changes and changes in
17 comments. In the current state it is possible to generate them on rsync
18 servers and avoid this burden.
19
20 I would like council to update policy to allow exclude whitespace
21 changes and changes in comments.
24 Peter.