From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pva@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council May Summary: Changes to ChangeLog handling
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 17:52:59
1 On Mon, 30 May 2011 16:03:42 +0400
2 Peter Volkov <pva@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > В Птн, 20/05/2011 в 13:19 +0300, Mart Raudsepp пишет:
5 > > On T, 2011-05-17 at 13:32 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
6 > > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20110510-summary.txt
7 > > >
8 > > > Please note that you must now update ChangeLog with each commit.
9 > > > For more information please see the meeting log and the preceding
10 > > > mailing list thread:
11 > > >
12 > > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20110510.txt
13 > > > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_eaefa325b31360324d0fe53d0b9071e6.xml
14 >
15 > So, I just realized that we have to update Changelogs for everything,
16 > whitespaces and comments included. Even after reading meeting logs I
17 > still wonder, why council have decided to vote policy change that was
18 > not supported even by minority of developers? The whole idea after
19 > human editable ChangeLogs was to avoid whitespace changes and changes
20 > in comments. In the current state it is possible to generate them on
21 > rsync servers and avoid this burden.
22
23 So we're one step closer to getting rid of the whole separate log
24 burden and thus closer to clear git migration. And generating
25 changelogs on rsync servers is possible; egencache is capable of doing
26 that, though for git only.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny