From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI in metadata.xml
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 22:44:40
1 On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Corentin Chary <iksaif@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
3 > <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
4 >> On 10/08/2012 13:05, Corentin Chary wrote:
5 >>> Right, our proposal is not here to replace SRC_URI, it's here to fix
6 >>> the cases where SRC_URI can't be sanely used to guess new upstream
7 >>> versions (strange mangling rules, unbrowsable directories, etc...).
8 >>
9 >> Yes I guess Jeroen was just saying why we shouldn't abandon it as Gilles
10 >> proposed.
11 >>
12 >> FWIW for the rest it feels right to me. Although this starts to add up
13 >> to the reasons why at least metadata.xml should be validated by schema,
14 >> and not DTD.
15 >
16 > Maybe .. We plan to use <watch xmlns="http://euscan.iksaif.net"> to
17 > avoid editing metadata.dtd (for now).
18 > What do you think about format propositions ? Current format looks
19 > like what was given in the examples, but mgorny feels that something
20 > more xmlish would be better.
21
22 If you want metadata.dtd patched; please file a bug against www@ and
23 someone will look at it (you may have to poke us a few times... ;))
26 > --
27 > Corentin Chary
28 > http://xf.iksaif.net