From: Corentin Chary <iksaif@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI in metadata.xml
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:56:56
1 On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 > On 10/08/2012 13:05, Corentin Chary wrote:
4 >> Right, our proposal is not here to replace SRC_URI, it's here to fix
5 >> the cases where SRC_URI can't be sanely used to guess new upstream
6 >> versions (strange mangling rules, unbrowsable directories, etc...).
7 >
8 > Yes I guess Jeroen was just saying why we shouldn't abandon it as Gilles
9 > proposed.
10 >
11 > FWIW for the rest it feels right to me. Although this starts to add up
12 > to the reasons why at least metadata.xml should be validated by schema,
13 > and not DTD.
14
15 Maybe .. We plan to use <watch xmlns="http://euscan.iksaif.net"> to
16 avoid editing metadata.dtd (for now).
17 What do you think about format propositions ? Current format looks
18 like what was given in the examples, but mgorny feels that something
19 more xmlish would be better.
22 Corentin Chary
23 http://xf.iksaif.net