From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI in metadata.xml
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:14:08
1 On 10/08/2012 13:05, Corentin Chary wrote:
2 > Right, our proposal is not here to replace SRC_URI, it's here to fix
3 > the cases where SRC_URI can't be sanely used to guess new upstream
4 > versions (strange mangling rules, unbrowsable directories, etc...).
5
6 Yes I guess Jeroen was just saying why we shouldn't abandon it as Gilles
7 proposed.
8
9 FWIW for the rest it feels right to me. Although this starts to add up
10 to the reasons why at least metadata.xml should be validated by schema,
11 and not DTD.
14 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
15 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/