From: Sylvain <asm8@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Killed process while booting...
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:27:22
1 Hello !
2
3 I am experiencing a strange problem, with my freshly installed gentoo box :
4 At the very beginning of init script, just after init start, some process are killed.
5 Very often, it is the command 'install -d -m 0755 ${svcdir}/${x}' from the
6 /sbin/depscan.sh script. Sometimes, it's the mount command mounting tmpfs in
7 /mnt/.init.d which is killed.
8 I tried to merge again fileutils since it includes the 'install' cmde, but that
9 doesn't solve the pb.
10 I'm using i686 compilation flag, and the cpu is an PII 400.
11 I've used this iso :
12 http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/releases/1.4_rc1/x86/livecd-basic-1.4_rc1-r2.iso
13 to boot the machine, and it works great.
14
15 Any idea about that ?
16
17 sylvain
18
20 Haut Débit: Modem offert soit 150,92 euros remboursés sur le Pack eXtense de Wanadoo !
21 Profitez du Haut Débit à partir de 30 euros/mois : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/w
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list